Natural Health Solutions: Lemon Oil
To help prevent wrinkles and sign of premature aging, lemon juice has been used for centuries. Lemon juice rejuvenates skin by ridding the body of dead skin cells, which can help to reduce wrinkles and lines. It also helps to clear up blemishes and age spots by bleaching the areas. Use fresh lemon juice as opposed to the bottled variety that can contain chemicals that can be more damaging to your skin than beneficial. Rid your face of dead skin cells by making a lemon juice mixture and applying it daily. The acid in the lemon juice will help to tighten up your skin, which can help eliminate the wrinkles that are caused by age. Just dilute some lemon juice with water, and apply lightly to skin with a cotton ball, especially in the areas where you are battling wrinkles. Do this for two to three minutes daily. Use a moisturizer afterward.
Lemon oil blends well with many other essential oils, such as lavender, rose, neroli, sandalwood, geranium, ylang ylang, even tea tree oil gets a boost from added lemon. Any combination of these makes a wonderful massage oil, and is a super addition for natural foot soaks!
Lemon has so many uses, it's really the best all-around household ingredient you can have on hand. For instance, check out these ideas:
- Natural Air Freshener Put 12 drops in a small spray bottle mixed with distilled water.
- Sweet smelling clothes Add several drops to the rinse cycle, especially nice for towels and sheets.
- Soothe Calluses and Corns - Rub 1 drop on affected area mornings and evenings.
- Clean Fruit - Fill a bowl with water and add 2 drops of lemon oil. Put your fruit into the bowl and stir. Make sure all the surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water. This works to increase the shelf life of fruit, as well.
- Sanitize Counter Tops - Add 2-3 drops to a spray bottle filled with water.
- Goo Gone - Using 1-2 drops may remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
- Sanitize Dish Sponge/Cloth - Add 1 drop to a bowl of water and soak your sponge/cloth in it overnight.
- Dishwasher Boost - Add 1 drop to your dishwasher to boost cleaning and sanitizing.
- Disinfect Hands Rub 1 drop on to your hands after using the restroom, especially public restrooms!
- Sanitize Bathroom Fixtures - Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of lemon oil and wipe over fixtures.
- Relieve Sore Gums Rub 1 drop on sore or swollen gums.
- Cellulite - Rub several drops on cellulite areas to improve circulation and help eliminate waste from cells.
- Athlete's Foot Rub 2 drops topically on affected areas.
- Improve Circulation Rub several drops on your legs, in an upwards motion.
- Sanitize Cutting Boards Rub 1 drop on any cutting surfaces.
- Carpet Cleaning - Put 10-15 drops in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and brighten the rug.
So stock up on lemons, try some of these ideas for use of essential oil of lemon, and keep a bottle of organic lemon juice on hand in the refrigerator. "Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet" " and the fruit of the amazing lemon is truly wonderful to eat!
By Cindy Gray